Monday, July 19, 2010

Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.


I really wanted to tell you about yesterday. The topic of our Sacrament meeting yesterday was peace.

John 14:27 says: Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

This Sacrament meeting was one of the meetings in which I have felt the Spirit the strongest. I couldn't hold back my emotions, because I felt like the Savior was so mindful of me. I could truly feel his love and his concern for me. Next time you can grab a hymn book, read "Master the Tempest is Raging." I've always liked this song (mainly for the tune,) but I never truly understood it until today. We sang this for one of our hymns, and I could hardly sing because the tears just streamed down my face.

During Relief Society, I met with President Lifferth (my branch president) to talk mission stuff. Before we started, however, he looked at me and told me he had been watching me during Sacrament meeting. Oh boy, this started the tears all over again. We had an excellent talk.

I am very sure and I feel very hopeful about the future. But sometimes life gets really lonely. Even though I'm surrounded by people, there is a big part of me that is always lonely because there is only one person who can fill that spot in my soul.

The Lord is our only true source for peace. I am so grateful that He knows me so well to know that I needed a little reassurance after this last week; a little extra love; a little extra peace.

I am so grateful that my heart was open to receive this revelation.

1 comment:

  1. i hear you girl. i am so proud of you for going on a mission. that thought does reoccur in my mind sometimes as well. but we need to get together and chat okay!?

    ReplyDelete