Saturday, August 7, 2010

rumors

today i went to sister missionary mall. to do some secret detective work.

you see, i've been hearing many rumors on the street, but i was worried to believe any of them because i didn't want to get my poor little heart crushed.

i thought, "what better place to get to the bottom of this than sister missionary mall?"

so i put on my secret sleuth face and walked through the doors nonchalantly.

i poked around the clothing for a few minutes, and then one of the employees asked me if she could help me with anything. "oh, i think i'm just looking, thank you," i said coolly.

she smiled and as she began to walk away, i said, "oh...i do have one question. is it true the church just changed the dress standards for sister missionaries?"

i tried not to get my hopes up while the milliseconds passed. she answered, "yeah! isn't that so cool?? the church is encouraging a lot more color, and skirts no longer have to reach mid-calf. They just have to cover the knee while you're sitting! Oh, and no more nylons!!"

^^^ no more of this ^^^

my heart wanted to burst, and i wanted to just hug that girl!

so the rumors are true!

and now i can't wait to go shopping!

i just need to find out where i'll be going...

2 comments:

  1. I despise nylons with all my heart and soul. And, without fail, I always get a run the first wear. That decision was inspired. It will bless the legs and budgets of many. :) So excited for you Katie!!!

    (this is Jen... by the way... 'case you didn't know...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, you are the cutest girl ever, and I cannot wait 'til your mission call comes! I'll just have to live vicariously through you for awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete